1. Hirano T: Chromosome cohesion, condensation, and separation. Annu Rev Biochem 2000; 69:115-144.
2. Koshland DE, Guacci V: Sister chromatid cohesion: the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2000; 12:297-301.
3. Nasmyth K, Peters JM, Uhlmann F: Splitting the chromosome: cutting the ties that bind sister chromatids. Novartis Found Symp 2001; 237:113-133.
4. Guacci V, Koshland D, Strunnikov A: A direct link between sister chromatid cohesion and chromosome condensation revealed through the analysis of MCD1 in S. cerevisiae. Cell 1997; 91:47-57.
5. Michaelis C, Ciosk R, Nasmyth K: Cohesins: chromosomal proteins that prevent premature separation of sister chromatids. Cell 1997; 91:35-45.
6. Toth A, Ciosk R, Uhlmann F, Galova M, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K: Yeast cohesin complex requires a conserved protein, Eco1p(Ctf7), to establish cohesion between sister chromatids during DNA replication. Genes Dev 1999; 13:320-333.
7. Losada A, Hirano M, Hirano T: Identification of Xenopus SMC protein complexes required for sister chromatid cohesion. Genes Dev 1998; 12:1986-1997.
8. Losada A, Yokochi T, Kobayashi R, Hirano T: Identification and characterization of SA/Scc3p subunits in the Xenopus and human cohesin complexes. J Cell Biol 2000; 150:405-416.
9. Sumara I, Vorlaufer E, Gieffers C, Peters BH, Peters JM: Characterization of vertebrate cohesin complexes and their regulation in prophase. J Cell Biol 2000; 151:749-762.
10. Ciosk R, Zachariae W, Michaelis C, Shevchenko A, Mann M, Nasmyth K: An ESP1/PDS1 complex regulates loss of sister chromatid cohesion at the metaphase to anaphase transition in yeast. Cell 1998; 93:1067-1076.
11. Uhlmann F, Lottspeich F, Nasmyth K: Sister-chromatid separation at anaphase onset is promoted by cleavage of the cohesin subunit Scc1. Nature 1999; 400:37-42.
12. Uhlmann F, Wernic D, Poupart MA, Koonin EV, Nasmyth K: Cleavage of cohesin by the CD clan protease separin triggers anaphase in yeast. Cell 2000; 103:375-386.
13. Ciosk R, Shirayama M, Shevchenko A, Tanaka T, Toth A, Nasmyth K: Cohesin's binding to chromosomes depends on a separate complex consisting of Scc2 and Scc4 proteins. Mol Cell 2000; 5:243-254.
14. Furuya K, Takahashi K, Yanagida M: Faithful anaphase is ensured by Mis4, a sister chromatid cohesion molecule required in S phase and not destroyed in G1 phase. Genes Dev 1998; 12:3408-3418.
15. Wang Z, Castano IB, De Las Penas A, Adams C, Christman MF: Pol kappa: A DNA polymerase required for sister chromatid cohesion. Science 2000; 289:774-779.
16. Hanna JS, Kroll ES, Lundblad V, Spencer FA: Saccharomyces cerevisiae CTF18 and CTF4 are required for sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Cell Biol 2001; 21:3144-3158.
17. Hartman T, Stead K, Koshland D, Guacci V: Pds5p is an essential chromosomal protein required for both sister chromatid cohesion and condensation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol 2000; 151:613-626.
18. Panizza S, Tanaka T, Hochwagen A, Eisenhaber F, Nasmyth K: Pds5 cooperates with cohesin in maintaining sister chromatid cohesion. Curr Biol 2000; 10:1557-1564.
19. van Heemst D, James F, Poggeler S, Berteaux-Lecellier V, Zickler D: Spo76p is a conserved chromosome morphogenesis protein that links the mitotic and meiotic programs. Cell 1999; 98:261-271.
20. Skibbens RV, Corson LB, Koshland D, Hieter P: Ctf7p is essential for sister chromatid cohesion and links mitotic chromosome structure to the DNA replication machinery. Genes Dev 1999; 13:307-319.
21. Tanaka K, Yonekawa T, Kawasaki Y, Kai M, Furuya K, Iwasaki M, Murakami H, Yanagida M, Okayama H: Fission yeast Eso1p is required for establishing sister chromatid cohesion during S phase. Mol Cell Biol 2000; 20:3459-3469.Home